Error: synthesis already running

I and all my students are getting this error when trying to run synthesis. Does not see to make a difference what the source file is. Kind of got us stopped in our tracks. Any suggestions?

It seems like the backend synthesizer server has crashed since the first time you try to synthesize nothing happens (no right side display update) and if you press F4 again you get the error message. I assume the front end web server has a flag that says synthesis is already queued and does not want to send another request but the backend server is not doing anything.

David

Hi David,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue. We definitely need to add a some automatic reporting on our side.

I think the issue has been resolved. I will look into the root cause later tonight.

I assume the front end web server has a flag that says synthesis is already queued and does not want to send another request but the backend server is not doing anything.

This is correct. I will add a timeout to clear the frontend’s queued request if it’s not acknowledged by the backend reasonably quickly.

– Ryan